Your pets are an important part of your family and shouldn’t be left at home when you hit the road. After all, pets need their pet outings too. However, it is essential that you do your due diligence to ensure your pet has a safe and enjoyable trip and your holiday is a pet-friendly holiday. With new and improved policies it is much easier than before to travel with your pawed friends. Apart from stocking up some familiar toys and creating a comfortable setting, there are a couple of things you need to consider before starting your journey. Here are some tips to consider while traveling with Fluffy or Fido to make your trip a memorable one.
- Do a trial run before the final trip. Take small trips and observe your buddy and see if they get anxious or uncomfortable with new surroundings.
- Prepare for contingencies. Attach a tag to your pet’s collar with your contact details and information of your stay on the trip.
- Carry your pet’s medical records in case of any medical emergencies.
- Look for a pet-friendly hotel or crèche, if you’re visiting a place where you cannot take them. Leaving them alone or unattended can be dangerous.
- Before the flight, play with your cat or take your dog for a walk. The more tired your pet is, the more likely it is to sleep during the trip.
- Use lavender oil as an “association scent” to help your pet relax while traveling. A couple of days before traveling put a drop of oil on your hands at feeding times or before walks. Once onboard, the positive association will allow him to calm down and remain relaxed.
- Consult your veterinarian before embarking on a trip, especially if your pet hasn’t traveled before or if you have any health concerns.
- Unexpected turns and delays are a part of traveling, so when your plans include your pets, take along extra food for them. Also, research for pet-friendly restaurants so your buddy can enjoy its food along with you.
Della Adventure & Resorts is a pet-friendly place near Mumbai. They not only give you a great experience, but your pets will love it too. You can take your furry buddies along with you or play with theirs. The resort gives you a holistic experience; you’ll go back stress-free and more importantly, happy.