Say Merry Christmas with home-made cookies. From crispy and creamy to soft and yummy, cookies come in varied flavors and shapes. So, are you planning to make it by yourself too? Then, here are some wonderful and easy recipes that will help you bake your cookies to perfection.
CARAMEL FILLED CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- 227 gm butter, softened
- 201 gm white sugar
- 128 gm packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 300 gm all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 96 gm unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 48 chocolate-covered caramel candies
- Beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and cocoa. Add it to butter mixture, beating well. Add 1/2 cup walnuts, stir well. Cover and let it cool for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup walnuts with 1 tablespoon sugar. Divide the dough into 4 parts. Work with one part at a time, leaving the remaining in the refrigerator until needed. Divide each part into 12 pieces. Quickly press each piece of dough around a chocolate covered caramel. Roll into a ball. Dip the tops into the sugar mixture. Place sugar side up, 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool for 3 to 4 minutes on the baking sheets.
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 76 gm butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 50 gm sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Red and green decorating icings
- Heat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter and egg until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Roll balls in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place them 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool them for 1 minute. Remove them from cookie sheets. If desired, roll tops of warm cookies in additional sugar-cinnamon mixture. Cool completely, about 20 minutes. Decorate as desired using icing.
RUSSIAN TEA CAKES
- 227 gm butter or margarine, softened
- 100 gm cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 288 gm all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove it from the cookie sheet. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool on wire rack. Roll in powdered sugar again.
- 1 packet cooked butterscotch pudding mix
- 113 gm butter
- 110 gm packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 192 gm all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, beat together the dry butterscotch pudding mix, butter, and brown sugar until smooth. Add an egg and mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon; add the pudding mixture, stir it well. Cover and let the dough cool for about 1 hour, until it gets firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease baking sheets. On a floured board, roll dough out to about 1/8 inch thickness, and cut into man shapes using a cookie cutter. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are golden at the edges. Cool on wire racks.
Yes! If you wish to enjoy the best of fresh, hot and readymade Christmas Cookies, delicious fudge in varied flavours then drive down to Della Fudge and Chikki Store in Lonavala. Fudge here is available in flavours such as chocolate, walnut and more. But the liquor fudge is a must try here. A special indulgence this festive season could also be the crispy chikki available at Della Fudge and Chikki Store. From sesame to coconut to peanut to dry fruit and much more, the assorted range of chikki will definitely make you fall for it. People come all the way from Mumbai and Pune just to relish and take home the authentic confectionery, fudge, cookies, mithai and snacks. We bet you’ll love every confectionery, that’ll melt in your mouth and touch your soul.